Outside Sales Representative
MatrixOneSource is a premier provider of PEO, Payroll, Workers’ Compensation, Human Resources Outsourcing services with corporate offices located in Jacksonville, FL. At MatrixOneSource our success is determined by your success and customer satisfaction. If you are looking for an environment that will engage your unique talents, believes in open communication to better achieve our goals and fulfill our mission, and offer unlimited potential for growth and success, then you belong at MatrixOneSource.
Outside Sales Representative (Business Development Associate)
This position is for a results-driven, money-motivated self-starter, responsible for cultivating new business opportunities for Professional Employer Organization services, Payroll and Human Resource outsourcing. As a business development associate, you will be responsible for developing a local client base through prospecting, networking, cold calling, and vertical selling. This position reports to a Sr. Business Development Manager and Vice President of Business Development.
- Maintain high activity standards (prospecting, daily cold calls, number of appointments per week, etc.)
- Manage prospect funnel accurately and effectively.
- Identify and qualify prospects by telephone, cold calls, premise visits, networking and attending networking events.
- Present our products and services with sufficient knowledge and understanding.
- Sales proposal development and presentation.
- Build and enhance relationships with clients/ prospects.
- Meet and exceed monthly revenue quotas.
- Superior communications skills.
- Aggressive follow-up, territory management and closing skills.
- Demonstrated success in a changing and high-paced environment.
- A high level of business acumen, strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.
Preferred but not required:
- Previous outside sales experience
- Competitive base salary and strong commission plan (negotiable, based on experience)
- Benefits package to include Health, Dental, Life, LTD, Vision
- Mileage and Cell Phone Allowance
- Jacksonville, FL
- Sarasota, FL
- Miami, FL
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
MatrixOneSource is an EEO employer, Pre-employment drug and thorough background screening will be conducted prior to offer of employment
The Risk Consultant is responsible for protecting workers’ compensation profitability and ensuring loss exposures are properly classified for a specific client group within a geographic territory. Profitability is protected through loss control initiatives, strong underwriting assessments, claims mitigation and application of correct workers’ compensation classification codes providing premium collection commensurate to exposure.
- Provide loss control consultations to clients – approximately 60% of service time is dedicated to loss control consultation. This includes surveying client operations, reviewing administrative and engineering loss controls, identifying loss trends, providing safety training and loss control recommendations as well as conducting meetings with client management to improve client workplace safety.
- Develop, communicate and implement loss control action plans for high hazard and/or high frequency/severity clients.
- Routinely partner with the sales team to showcase loss control value to both prospects and clients in our common goal to grow organically and maintain excellent client retention.
- Provide detailed loss control and auditing reports to internal concerns regarding client and prospect operations and exposures.
- Ensure appropriate workers’ compensation classification assignments for proper premium collection.
- Document all loss control and auditing activity per established procedures in a timely manner.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired (preferably in occupational safety and health or a related risk management field) and one to two years’ related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
CSP, ASP, ARM, CRM or equivalent designation desired.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in workers’ compensation loss control or occupational safety and health consultation.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal occupational safety laws and standards.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Daily local travel within the assigned territory is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a wide array of work environments that may include a clerical office environment, manufacturing facility or construction site.
- The ability to endure extreme environmental conditions, such as heat and heights, is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, move, bend at neck and reach below shoulder level. Employee is constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to operate telephone, computer, and mouse. The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder level. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Miami, FL
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL